jump to search jump to main content
University of Missouri Home Page

  • This Task has been designed for use by all roles. For all roles

Your student records at MU (classes, grades, student charges, financial aid, parking, etc) belong to you and only you. In order for a staff member at MU to be able to talk to your parent or spouse about these records, you must give MU permission to do so, regardless of who is paying the bill. This is referred to as a Student Information Release, or granting FERPA permission (FERPA being the name of the federal law that forces MU to keep your records private).

To grant permission to release information in myZou, click the FERPA Permission tab to enter the details. This permission can be updated at any time by coming back and editing the information on the page.


 Back to top